Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Ireland
Job Title: ER Advisor Ireland
Job Salary: £49000 - £50000 Per Annum
The ER Advisor, Ireland, is a newly created role established to support our business in Ireland. The role is field-based, supporting associates across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland and in our home office in Dublin.
Provide a comprehensive employee relations service to the business in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, ensuring consistency with employment legislation, Company policies, business objectives and culture. In close collaboration with the HR Business Partner for Ireland, coach and advise line managers on all people management related issues.
* Case Management experience is essential for this role.
* Employment Law for Ireland.
* Provide accurate and appropriate advice and coaching to line managers on HR policies/procedures and employment legislation ensuring alignment with business objectives and values and culture.
* In collaboration with the HR Business Partner, guide and support managers with employee relations cases including but not limited to disciplinary, grievance, sickness and capability. Provide support and guidance in conducting investigations and act as the HR representative in formal employee relations meetings as required.
* Advise associates on all employee relations matters including HR policies and procedures. Seek advice from the HR Business Partner and refer Associates to their line managers as appropriate.
* Provide support and follow-up with immigration/right to work related issues.
* Liaise appropriately with the HR Service Centre in the UK to ensure HR processes are efficient and compliant and to support with ongoing upskilling with the HRSC team as appropriate.
* Monitor trends and compliance with policy and legal requirements, advising on areas in need of improvement and providing ad hoc reports and presentation material as required. Provide advice and guidance on policy/process improvements and support implementation of any required changes. Ensure effective document controls are in place for all in-country HR documents.
* Escalate appropriately any issues that have potential financial or reputational risk.
* Monitor external supplier relationships (e.g. occupational health provider) and escalate any issues identified appropriately.
* Work with the central ER team in the development, roll-out and communication of new Associate Relations initiatives, including initiatives specific to Ireland as well as pan-European or Global initiatives.
* Maintain and update own knowledge of HR best practice and employment legislation as well as developments impacting the retail industry. Keeping abreast of upcoming development and advise on any required changes to policy and practice.
* Undertake any ad-hoc project work as required.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Solid generalist operational HR experience, including employee relations related activities (e.g. case management, HR policy, legal compliance).
* Excellent influencing, relationship building and communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Ability to stay connected across dispersed organisational and geographic boundaries.
* Resourceful self-starter able to work independently across multiple sites.
* Enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate that they’re able to build relationships and engage with a range of cross functional stakeholders to get results.
* Well-developed IT skills with experience of analysing and presenting data.
* Keen attention to detail and data accuracy.
* Can deal effectively with ambiguity.
* Experience of working within a retail or similar fast paced, multi-site environment highly desirable.
* Proficiency in English.