Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Charlotte Dunkerton
Job Location: London
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Salary: £30000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join this leading organisation based in Heathrow supporting the Operations Director.
As directed and using own initiative provide administrative and operational support for the LHR Ops Management Team. Prioritise and plan workload to ensure objectives are met.
* Using own initiative perform administrative tasks for the LHR Ops Director
* Develop, implement and review a series of systems and reports to ensure that all operational matters are raised with the necessary party and matters are resolved.
* Accumulate, comprehend and be fully aware of all operational information in order to quickly and effectively make appropriate decisions to achieve the operational objectives of the department, without reference if appropriate.
* Provide and co-ordinate accurate and detailed information to UK Ops Management team and the network regarding operational procedures to ensure requirements are met.
* Prepare, format and issue data, timetables, meeting agendas and minutes to all relevant internal and external clients to ensure that the most accurate information is provided.
* Provide full support, direction and focus to the team of people managing the Operations department at the UK Southern Airports. This includes assisting in, setting up and updating the schedules for appraisals, half-yearly reviews, objective setting and generating ‘Personal Development Plans’ through use of the company competency framework.
* Support the Ops Management team with the team training program to ensure that the Ops Dept at LHR is fully multi-functional and flexible to meet all requirements including times of sickness and holiday.
* Working closely with various departments to address all operational requirements
* Regular review of ISO ensuring that all procedural changes are communicated and consistent with business policy.
* Through regular communications and provision of available resource within the area, accumulate data and produce presentational material for the LHR Ops Manager to facilitate all operations meetings.
* Investigate and resolve all incoming emails and telephone calls ensuring urgent matters receive prompt attention.
* Create and maintain efficient filing and recording systems in order to provide accurate and accessible information.
* Operate using First Choice methodology ( e.g. – GEMBA )
* Support all LHRHUB Operational contingency`s (ad hoc support – flexible approach to the type of incident required)
* Attend Operational meetings
* Monitoring customer shipment enquiries
* Raising PO and processing incoming invoices
* Booking travel and hotels as required
* Arranging catering for meetings and events
* Assisting with any incoming operational enquiries
* Organising internal staff events and conferences
* Providing onsite support for customers visits, external visits such as filming, etc
* Assisting with running CIS training courses
* Supporting continuous improvement through First choice tools
* Working closely with communications team to ensure accurate information is provided and cascaded to staff
* Managing calendars, schedule ops meeting, producing agendas and meeting minutes
* Assisting in preparation of Town hall presentations
* Producing reports for ops management team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience within a transport and distribution environment necessary
* Confidence working with both customers and suppliers essential
* Customer Service experience useful
* Relationship & people management ability, networking & creative problem solving.
* Knowledge of ISO, IIP, THP, H&S and security useful Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Excellent communication skills
* Professionalism and integrity are essential
* Flexibility is preferable
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure