Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Berkshire
Job Title: HR Consultant
Job Salary: £32000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
To deliver an expert HR service in the field in order to support our clients in dealing with formal meetings with their employees – conducting and advising on consultancy, capability, disciplinary, grievance and appeal issues as well as investigations and settlement negotiations
We are looking for personable and confident HR professionals/employment lawyers with good technical skills who can respond to often short-notice assignments in their region and beyond, and produce thoughtful, legally compliant and well-written reports. The ability to act impartially, identify and quantify risk for our clients and communicate this to them effectively is crucial
* Attend meetings with clients and their employees as arranged and diarised by an office-based paralegal and either conduct these or support the client to do so, as required.
* To undertake mediation, conciliation and other employment relations services as may be requested by clients from time to time.
* To provide clients with advice and guidance on their legal position with individual employees or groups of employees, with due regard to your duty of impartiality.
* To provide prompt, high quality reports of outcomes within specified time frames and adhere to administrative procedures concerning file management.
* Regularly achieve or exceed the target of conducting three meetings per week.
* Work towards the team objective of obtaining repeat business.
* Targeted to have 70% client facing time per week
What you Bring to the Team
* Educated to degree level in HR, law or related business discipline or with substantial professional experience
* Background in HR management, consultancy or in employment law
* Highly professional presentation, service focussed and personable; quickly able to form good working relationships with people who may be stressed, angry or upset.
* A ‘can do’ approach to UK wide travel, challenging situations and problem solving