Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Sofia Wikho-Ng
Job Location: London
Job Title: Head of HR
Job Salary: £55000 - £65000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio HR is on the market looking for a Head of Human Resources to join a retail organisation. This is to work for a creative retail business that looks after the entire HR function. You are to partner with both finance and the Group HR Director in this role. This position is opened to candidates with strong retail management skills as you will be frequently liaising with site managers and doing any on-going training.
* To work closely with Group HR Director and partner with the other Heads of HR within the brand group. Making sure we to meet all relevant alignment to the Group’s HR strategy.
* Responsible for the HR strategy and any related projects throughout the business gaining support and supporting other teams, with the ability to change priorities and direction in order to meet business needs.
* To work closely with senior team to establish people and cultural needs across the business and come up with creative and appropriate HR solutions.
* To coach, support and advise the senior team on all HR related aspects within their teams.
* To lead, develop and motivate the HR team to deliver a value added HR service while maintaining consistency, compliance and high operational HR practices.
* To continually evaluate current practices in order to seek opportunities to improve and develop the way we do things in line with business requirements.
* To support the HR team with project work and ensure buy-in at a senior level with new HR initiatives.
* To work with Group HR Director and senior management team to introduce relevant learning and development initiatives in response to the current and future business needs of the brand.
* To conduct regular training needs analysis and act upon the findings;
* Working closely with the Group HR Director to introduce talent management framework that enables identification of top talent across the brand as well as the Group and effective management of poor performance;
* To actively monitor and manage all People related KPIs and suggest initiatives for improvement where necessary;
* To undertake all employee relation queries, this includes working with advisors and business partner to make sure any dismissals, grievances, disciplinary are actioned appropriately.
* CIPD qualification
* Experience in a dynamic, fast moving environment is essential
* Exceptional relationship building skills and influencing skills
* Strong commercial and business acumen and solution focused
* Self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude and strong leadership skills