Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Charity
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: London
Job Title: Head of HR
Job Salary: £45000 - £53000 Per Annum
Portfolio HR are currently working with a not for profit organisation based in central London. We are looking for a strong Head of HR to join a charity organisation where you would head up part of the HR function. This role is to manage the HR manager and advisors to on the team. We are looking for a strong generalist with experience working in a public sector.
* To liaise with the senior team advising them on HR matters. This includes being responsible for new contracts and venders.
* Manage the HR team, ensuring that all HR processes adhered to.
* Taking responsibilities of employee relation cases, listen and carefully conduct escalated cases.
* Responsible for looking after terms and conditions for transferring information – TUPE are understood and adhere to.
* Implement new HR ideas, meeting regularly with stakeholders and other head of services within the business.
* Ensure that all information are appraised to; approve procedures, displaying the requirements needed of equal pay legislation.
* Responsible for your immediate team, advising them or procedures around new and existing cases. This includes all areas within dismissals, disciplinary and grievance.
* At least 3 years experience of managing an HR function
* CIPD qualified
* Up to date knowledge of employment law and experience of presenting cases in an Employment Tribunal
* Experience of TUPE transfers
* Experience of managing change, including restructurings and redundancy
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to write and produce user-friendly policy and procedure guides