Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Nigel Dune
Job Location: Birmingham
Job Title: HR Administrator
Job Salary: £24000 - £26000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio is currently working with a Financial Services organisation who are looking for a HR Assistant to start ASAP on a 6 Month FTC with the view of going Perm. This role is located near Birmingham City Centre and the client is willing to pay up to £25000
Role Purpose: Working within the Global HR team to deliver an efficient and effective service to employees by providing confidential administrative support to the HR team. Working across different countries and cultures appreciating varying legislation and adapting administrative process and procedures accordingly.
Key Relationships: HR, Finance, IT, Marketing, Office Management, Third party vendors
Key task and responsibilities:
* Provide day to day HR administrative support to Head of HR and HR Manager
* Printing, Scanning, and Filing as and when required. Maintain e-files for employee paperwork.
* Manage the new starter process in accordance with guidelines, maintaining high levels of accuracy at all times, providing status updates and chasing new joiner information as required
* Ensure all new starters are set up on HR systems accurately and promptly
* Ensure all employees provide copies of relevant documentation to prove eligibility to work across jurisdictions
* Lead on the employee file data cleanse and creation of HR filing system, responsible for appropriate version control and governance of employee records
* Draft reference letters; post-employment references, visa references and mortgage/rent references
* Supporting HR Manager with drafting any paperwork required for employee lifecycle changes e.g. changes to terms and conditions, long service awards, maternity/parental leave, etc.
* Support the HR team with ER cases such note taking at company meetings including grievance and disciplinary hearings
* Produce monthly reports as requested by HR Management team or third party using MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Ensure IT forms are populated for joiners/leavers/changes and shared appropriately
* Ensure that files are kept in accordance with GDPR regulations
* Monitoring the shared HR Inbox, directing queries to the correct places and escalating where required, delegating work to team members when necessary
* Responding to employee queries on anything from accessing the HR system, holiday, benefits, how to locate correct forms etc.
Key Required Skills/Competencies
* Strong generalist HR administration skills, comfortable with high levels of administration, attention to detail (essential)
* Operationally focused, client centric and passionate in the value add of HR administration
* Shows the ability to work within a team and alone with one’s own initiative.
* High level of tenacity and a ‘can do’ attitude; A strong thinker with an enquiring mind , prepared to challenge the status quo
* Demonstrates the ability to identify and escalate areas of inefficiencies and risk to the wider HR team
* Demonstrates the ability to adapt personal style and approach as appropriate to meet the needs of the team, without compromising standards
* Well balanced in terms of energy; possessing a sense of urgency to work at pace, with enough patience to complete tasks with a high attention to detail
* Superior organisation, prioritisation and exceptional administrative skills.
* A methodical mind-set with strong attention to detail.
* Structured in approach but flexible enough to work in an ever changing environment, comfortable working with ambiguity
* Strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
* Plan and adjust work based on thorough understanding of requirements and priorities and seek clarification and direction as appropriate
* sAdapt and work effectively with a variety of situations in a group or individually, respond positively and flexibly to requests for help or support
* Ability to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of decisions made
* MS Office: Intermediate to advanced Excel and Word, with PowerPoint being desirable.
* Degree preferred in HR or Business.
* International experience (desirable)