Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: HR Advice Manager
Job Salary: £30000 - £30000 Per Annum
* To manage a team of Employment Law Advice Consultants.
* To oversee the day-to-day management of the team and also the throughput of work.
* To manage Consultants’ performance and ensure they meet KPIs whilst maintaining a high standard of service provision to clients.
* To inspire, motivate and support the team as necessary to maintain strong working relationships within the team and with our clients.
* To build and maintain a cohesive and motivated team, providing leadership and support to colleagues and peers.
* To effectively manage all Consultants unavailable time, in line with departmental requirements, to ensure that we prevent / minimise any queues.
* To regularly check individual Consultants task lists and the teams task lists, re-assigning tasks as necessary and highlighting / reporting any issues to the Head of Legal & Advisory as and when necessary.
* To assist with the preparation of weekly rotas (including overtime / out of hours) to ensure the service is effectively covered 24/7.
* To work effectively with the group workforce planning team in respect of all of the above.
* To monitor and review Consultants overall performance activity on a daily basis and provide a detailed weekly report to the Head of Employment Advice by 5.00pm each Monday.
* To performance manage all Consultants, identifying training needs and putting the necessary measures in place to ensure that any training required is provided.
* To conduct, where necessary, any formal meetings such as disciplinary or grievance meetings and provide the necessary outcome in line with the Employee Handbook.
* To ensure, where necessary, that all documented discussions are completed and saved on all Consultants’ files as a reference of any conversations held (and ensure they are signed by both the Consultant and the Advice Manager).
* To effectively manage all team absences / sickness and ensure that the RTW process (including completion of the relevant form) is adhered to in line with business requirements.
* Following any persistent intermittent absences, send your recommendations on how you propose to deal with the matter to the Head of legal & Advisory along with any final draft letters.
* To effectively manage all lateness and ensure that lateness is recorded on all occasions.
* Following any persistent intermittent lateness, send your recommendations on how you propose to deal with the matter to the Head of legal & Advisory along with any final draft letters.
* To ensure that the Head of Legal & Advisory is kept up to date with all pending staff issues along with a pending or proposed course of action.
* To assist and support the Head of Legal & Advisory with investigations into client or personnel issues.
* To deal with complaints and any service issues in a timely manner ensuring that a satisfactory conclusion is reached on all occasions.
* To escalate and manage any technical queries that are passed through to the Technical Leads.
* To be flexible with work times, as there may be occasions on which you will have to address staff issues outside of core hours, deliver training or have team meetings to capture all team members.
* To carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the Management Team.
What you Bring to the Team
* A “can-do” attitude, a thirst for knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively within the team.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
* Practical experience.
* Ability to prioritise and work unsupervised as required.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Excellent communication and written skills.
* An enthusiasm for generating new business referrals.
* MS Office knowledge and experience.