Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Rebecca Smith
Job Location: London
Job Title: HR Advisor
Job Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
* Job type: Full time – Contract until September 2024
* Salary: £35,000 per annum
* Location: Denmark Hill
* Hours: Full-time – Monday-Friday
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor with experience in dealing with complex Employee Relations matters to join our client based in Denmark Hill on a contract basis until September 2024 as HR Advisor.
In this role, you would be required to travel regularly to other sites and offices in and around London, Kent, and Surrey so it’s essential that you drive and have your own vehicle. Your mileage will be covered through expenses.
Responsibilities of HR Advisor:
* Provide advice and guidance to support managers with the effective management of employee relations issues such as performance management, absence management and capability issues with a view to identifying problems, recommending solutions, and minimising risk.
* Provide advice and guidance to managers to support the workforce planning processes such as recruitment and talent management to successfully deliver the organisation’s objectives.
* Provide advice and guidance to managers to support the effective design of teams and their structures to successfully deliver the organisation’s objectives.
* Support managers in the decision-making process by providing relevant, meaningful reporting on key HR metrics and analysis.
* Collaborate and work closely where appropriate with other teams such as Recruitment, HR Systems, Reward, and payroll to provide a holistic approach to delivering solutions to the organisation.
* Support the development, integration and implementation of HR policy and practice through methods including the coaching/training of managers and employees, and the production of relevant materials and toolkits.
* Contribute, and where appropriate, lead on specific projects to improve the effectiveness of the HR function and its processes and procedures.
* Ensure personal knowledge and awareness of relevant legislation and other best practice developments relevant to the HR function are kept up to date.
* Deputise for the HR Business Partner in their absence and undertake any other duties as required for the effective running of the HR function.
Skills and Experience required of HR Advisor:
* Demonstrable experience of working in a previous HR role providing excellent advice, guidance, and customer service to managers in a demanding working environment.
* Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development with up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills both verbal and written, and a proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels, including senior leaders, within the organisation.
* Proven experience of successfully managing a busy workload, working to tight deadlines, and meeting your objectives without close supervision.
* Demonstrable experience of using IT software packages with intermediate level skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HR databases and email.
* The ability to work within the organisation’s ethos and key values: integrity; accountability; compassion; passion; boldness and respect.
* The ability to travel regularly to work locations throughout the region.