Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Emma Taylor
Job Location: Merseyside
Job Title: HR Assistant: Temporary
Job Salary: £9.16 - £9.16 Per Hour
Our public sector client in St Helens is looking for an experienced HR Assistant on a temporary basis to assist in the effective operation of services for the business. The HR Assistant will undertake a variety of HR and payroll tasks and ensure these are completed to agreed standards.
Â Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Recruitment administration – ensuring that all documentation, standards and timescales are adhered to.
* Recruitment advice – assist where necessary in the recruitment and selection process for employees of all levels across the business including appointment, promotions, terminations and resignations etc., maintain personal files and documentation to agreed standards.
* Processing of pay, allowances and associated payments for all levels of employees,, ensuring that all data is input into the HR systems within agreed deadlines
* Checking and actioning of payroll exceptions, queries and errors, on line warnings, sickness and maternities etc.
* Advising employees, members, clients and departments on payroll and personnel matters
* To ensure that the Human Resources and Payroll systems are updated with any changes to staffing or establishment
* To maintain/update all records as required
* Collation of sickness records for all Departments and monitoring and inputting of sickness along with providing advice on sickness procedures to managers
In order to be considered for this opportunity, it is essential that you have a strong administrational background coupled with:
* A good understanding of UK employment law
* Knowledge of recruitment processes and procedures
* Previous experience in a HR/Recruitment Admin role would be highly desirable
Please note: as this is a temporary role with an immediate start, those with notice periods longer than a few weeks will not be able to be considered for this opportunity.