Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Hampshire
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Job Salary: £35000 - £42000 Per Annum
Experience/Skills of the job:
This position is responsible for providing experienced and comprehensive HR support for the business, working under in close collaboration with the HR Manager and HR Team members, to actively drive programs and processes in the areas of employee relations, performance development, recruitment, training & organisational development, workers compensation and compliance of all employment laws and government agency requirements.
Flexibility to travel to other UK sites in the South of England on an as needs basis may be required
* Fosters a climate of strong HR Business Partner relationships with all managers and supervisors.
* Deputise in the absence of the HR Manager
* Assists in the implementation of the Human Resources policy/procedures and compliance with all standards, programs, systems and policies/procedures.
* Responds to Managers / supervisor needs to address performance concerns and interpersonal conflicts. Provide managers with feedback and problem solving.
* Participates in a variety of projects related to HR function including compensation, leadership development, employee engagement, etc.
* Responsible for drafting employee contracts and any other documentation required as part of the new hire process
* Responsibility for recruitment and actively sources candidates. Participates in interviews as and when necessary
* Conducts monthly new hire orientation, and assists with new hire pre-hire processing and post hire on-boarding.
* Deals professional with any employee disciplinary matters referring any serious issues to be dealt with by the HR Manager
* Coordinates various HR programs and delivery to employees including service awards/recognition, tuition reimbursement, scholarship programs, and retirement celebrations.
* Manages the relationship with the preferred background verification company and ensure checks on new hires are completed in a timely manner
* Supports HR Manager as needed for business council meetings
* Assists with special projects and other assignments as needed.
* Prepared to undertake some elements of HR admin as required e.g ad hoc reporting, data entry of new hires and changes.
* Prepares/Maintains accurate records for a variety of audits
* Maintain the highest ethical standards and utmost confidentiality.
* Understand and live by ethics and business conduct policies
Hours of Work:
* 37.5 hours per week
* 8 hours Monday to Thursday
* 5.5 hours Friday
Starting times are between 7.30am and 9.00am Monday to Friday. Finishing times are between 4.00pm and 6.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm and 3.30pm on Fridays.