Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Rebecca Smith
Job Location: London
Job Title: HR Compliance Team Leader
Job Salary: £21 - £26 Per Hour
We are looking for highly experienced HR Compliance Team Leader to join our client who is a higher education facility, on a 6-month contract in Central London.
As a HR Compliance Team Leader, you’ll be working in the HR department reporting directly into the HR Services Manager whilst supervising 3 Compliance Officers.
The main purpose of the HR Compliance Team Leader role is to support and manage a team of Compliance Officers to ensure compliant regulatory processes are delivered and maintained across HR Service teams and external business areas, in a fast-paced, dynamic and proactive working environment.
We are looking for talented compliance experts that understands the UK’s points based and skills-based visa sponsorship compliance framework, so please apply now if you feel you meet the below.
Responsibilities of HR Compliance Team Leader:
* Direct supervision of Compliance Officers
* Drive a high performance, customer focused approach to HR Services compliance to maximise and improve team performance.
* Ensure UCL compliance obligations are met throughout the employee administration process.
* Ensure all legal documents produced by HR Services are compliant, including contracts of employment, employee documents, pay slips etc.
* Provide advice and guidance to HR Services teams as/ when legislation changes.
* Accountability for data accuracy within MyHR to enable efficient monthly payroll processes.
* Build/ maintain excellent operational working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
Skills and Experience required of HR Compliance Team Leader:
* Strong interpersonal skills as you will regularly be dealing with internal and external stakeholders, and possibly third-party companies.
* Comfortable with complex regulations
* Confident in flagging concerns/issues with ability to provide recommendations and solutions.
* Experience in a team leader role or similar, managing a team who provide high quality advice and guidance in a customer service environment.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of advising on, managing, and applying UK Immigration frameworks (including Sponsorship routes) , ideally in the skilled worker sector (e.g., scientific, HE and other highly skilled sectors)
* Experience of providing guidance and support to customers, teams, and stakeholders.
* Experience of using an HR and payroll system (ResourceLink or Oracle would be an advantage)
* Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise in the face of competing demands, whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy are maintained.
* Excellent computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to showcase your skills and contribute to their success. Join their team and achieve great things together!