Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: FMCG
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: HR Data & Insights Analyst
Job Salary: £37000 - £38000 Per Annum
Purpose of Job:
* The purpose of this role is to lead the data analysis and insight generation for the HR Function. These insights will be central to informing the HR strategy and focus.
Nature & Scope of Job:
* As the HR functions data insight expert, working with internal clients, it is the Analysts responsibility to identify what information is required on a regular (and ad hoc) basis to support key HR stakeholders.
* The HR Data Insight Analyst role will use a variety of data sources to analyse, interpret and communicate people insights to key stakeholders. This insight will input into the strategic HR agenda.
* Lead the definition, of monthly data pack for the wider HR team. This pack would then be used with stakeholders to generate insight and debate in relation to the people plan.
* Flexibility across the HR processes to support the HR Team meet the demands of the business – provision of administration support to a number of different groups in the HR function.
* To provide data and insight to meet the company’s legal obligations i.e Gender Pay Report.
* Ensuring all reports generated comply with GDPR requirements
* Active member of the HR Services team, regularly providing solutions and making process improvement recommendations
* Accountable for the HR Services delivery of key data packs both to internal HR customers and external stakeholders.
* Continually review, suggest and implement improvements to the way data and insight is delivered.
* Develop the internal capability of the HR function to deliver data and insights
* Regular communication with the wider HR function to ensure a one joined up approach
* Supporting the HR Services Team to present timely and accurate information regarding service requirements and delivery
* Creation and maintenance of an HR service catalogue with attached SLAs and metrics
* Support the HR service team to provide consistent, accurate and clear advice on the full range of employee lifecycle events (inc starters / leavers / maternity etc) and employment policies to people managers and employees
* Advise the team on upcoming changes to the Resource Link system through twice a year release notes, suggesting on upgrades/ options the business can benefit from.
* Ensure all data provided internally and externally complies with new GDPR legislation.
* Support the HR service team to ensure all calls and correspondence recieved are actioned within agreed timescales – ensuring records and associated documents are updated and accurate.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Specialised knowledge of data and insights methodologies and their application.
* Demonstrable planning and prioritisation skills
* Confident to deal with all levels of employees across the organisation both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work on own initiative and work well under pressure
* Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service both as an individual and also in a team environment
* Flexible attitude to assist in other areas of the team as and when the business needs demand it
* Highly competent user of Excel / PowerPoint & Cognos including Vlookup
* Passionate about providing excellent, proactive customer service to all users
* Preferable, experience of Northgate
* Cognos Impromptu experience is essential as there is no-one available here to train them. A knowledge of the ResourceLink system would be an advantage
* Cognos Impromptu version 7.5; no upgrades planned
* Continuing with Cognos Impromptu, but also developing ResourceLink Reporting Services (RRS) which is an integrated query tool with Northgate ResourceLink. No other tools planned at this time.
* Use Cognos Impromptu to extract data from ResourceLink and then use Excel to model the data; typically 70-30 split
* Knowledge of Oracle SQL would be a distinct advantage as it would allow the creation of complex queries, reducing the need to model data in Excel