Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Charity
Contact Name: Alex Giblin
Job Location: London
Job Title: HR Manager
Job Salary: £ - £23 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a charity located in Angel, London who are looking for an HR Manager to join them on a temporary basis for a minimum of 4months.
Purpose of Position
* To liaise with the outsourced HR management providers on HR matters and to ensure compliance on legislative changes to policy documents,
* To be responsible for maintaining and checking the completeness and accuracy of the HR system,
* To ensure that the HR policies are being adhered to across the Charity,
* To be responsible with the FD for the completion of the monthly salaries process, to include gathering of information to forward to the payroll bureau and checking of draft payroll runs,
* To support HR administration across the organisation, including the answering of HR related queries from managers and from staff,
* To provide advice and support on HR issues,
* To produce reports and plans as required on HR matters,
* To attend weekly SMT meetings,
* Manage HR project such as staff engagement,
* To be responsible for the Volunteer Manager and oversee the volunteer function
* Maintenance of appropriate systems, procedures and documents as required.
* Advice to users on HR systems including resolving or supporting the resolution of problems related to the operation of the HR system.
* Update of user guide and training of users.
* Regular review of HR system to ensure that information is complete and up to date.
* Named person for Disclosure and Barring queries relating to staff
* Monitor all new starter documents in place across organisation
* Ensure ‘Right to Work’ documents are received before employee’s start date and a robust system is in place for checking expiry dates of visas/work permits
* Handle maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave processes and queries
* Contribute to HR projects under direction of line manager
* Production of all documents relating to employee changes ie promotions / transfer letters, end of probation letters, confirmation of leaving letters etc
* Maintain the electronic personnel filing system for office and charity shop staff and support the services in doing this
* Produce reports and schedules for payroll ensuring all data is checked
* Liaise with FD and payroll bureau on queries from staff
* Production of auto enrolment letters
* Administer the year end salary review process and increases in the minimum wage rate
* Produce regular statistical reports on HR information for the Senior Management Team eg. Starters, leavers, turnover, sickness absence, other absences etc
* Ensure information on all staff is correctly and regularly updated and audited.
* Creation and circulation of reports, including those needed for monthly Trustee reports.
Employee Relations Support
* Provide administrative support to employee relations procedures.
* To take advice from outsourced advisors and support managers in its implementation
* Administration of head office and senior regional recruitment and appointments.
* Placement of recruitment adverts through organisational agreed advertisers.
* To report any incidents or allegations of abuse in line with Safeguarding Vulnerable Adult Policies
* To promote anti-discriminatory practice throughout your work
* To promote and maintain equality and diversity throughout the organisation