Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: London
Job Title: Learning & Development Coordinator
Job Salary: £32000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
About the role
Learning and development is delivered using a blended learning approach, to meet the demands of employees and teams across the Practice, in London and our global offices. We offer a variety of ways to learn including workshops, courses, online content, e-learning, video and one-to-one coaching and mentoring.
We also develop and deliver talent programmes and processes across the Practice, from education and qualifications, to performance management, skills assessment and succession planning.
Reporting to the Head of Learning & Development, the post holder will also work with the wider Learning team, including:
* L&D Advisor
* Education Advisor
* Design Systems Training Managers
As the L&D team sits within the HR team, there will also be regular interaction with HR colleagues.
The focus of the role will be:
* To support the Learning and Development team and strategy across the Global organisation.
* Contribute to a world class Learning and Development function which builds capability in line with the Practice strategy.
* To support and assist employees and teams in the Practice to get more from the current and future learning, training and development on offer.
* Assist with learning event management for smooth delivery
* Manage and schedule annual training calendar – arranging room, catering and other course requirements
* Ensure all events and materials are inputted and managed correctly on the Learning Management System (LMS)
* Liaise with trainers, speakers and providers to ensure relevant course materials are sourced/printed and available on the day
* Feedback on and input into course material and design
* Prepare training materials including documentation, presentations, e-learning and video content (with the support of in-house video editing staff)
* Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
* Create communications and marketing materials for promotion of learning initiatives
* Draft wording and imagery to advertise learning events through different media (i.e. emails, intranet notices, printed materials etc.)
* Maintain and update all learning system communications, such as email reminders and notifications
* Assist advisers with ad-hoc course communications with delegates or leaning programme communication
* Create surveys for feedback on learning programmes and events
* Manage templates for learning documents including study subsidies, request forms, booking forms etc.
* Maintain and develop reporting across a spectrum of learning tools, systems and processes
* Generate reports on learning events, online learning, performance and talent processes, costs etc. across some of these systems:
* Learning Management System
* LinkedIn Learning
* HR system
* Managed learning service
* Evaluation tool (Survey Monkey)
* Ensure maintenance of Learning Management System so curriculum database and training records are up to date
* Create of new reports and trackers using Excel, power BI or other reporting tools
* Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from the business
* Support education initiatives and continuous professional development (CPD) in the Practice
* Responsible for scheduling CPD talks and lectures and for keeping records of these events
* Support and establish systems and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of our offering around professional development
* Provide administrative support for education programmes and events including:
* Architecture in schools
* Professional Practice Academy
* Carrying out research as directed into training providers or other information.
* Assist the Head of L&D with the continuous roll-out of employee development programmes and undertake any other duties as required
Qualities and Skills required
* Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the previous responsibilities
* Working towards or open to studying for a qualification in training, learning and development (CIPD or equivalent)
* Impeccable reporting skills using a variety of tools such as Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Excellent attention to detail including accurate data entry skills and event management
* Able to quickly learn and use different software systems and programmes
* Basic knowledge of practical learning and development principles and an interest in current best practice and its implementation
* Able to demonstrate initiative and a pro-active approach to daily tasks
* Strong discretion is exercised when dealing with sensitive information and enquiries and able to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
* Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties/deadlines and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional
* Demonstrate enthusiasm, flexibility, commitment and reliability and an appetite for working in a very busy, fast paced environment
* Formally holding a qualification in training, learning and development (CIPD or equivalent)
* Experience in creating and publishing training materials or delivering training to others
* Has knowledge and experience in e-learning content authoring
* Has knowledge and experience with a Learning Management and/or Content Management System
* Has experience in apprenticeships i.e. administration, set-up etc
* Understand the professional architectural qualifications and the built environment industry