Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlotte Dunkerton
Job Location: Berkshire
Job Title: Learning & Development Manager
Job Salary: £47000 - £47000 Per Annum
Purpose of the job
To ensure that the planning, delivery and evaluation of learning and development (L&D) are carried out with regard to the business objectives and People strategy.
To work as a proactive and facilitating partner with Directors and Managers in consideration of their Site/departments’ learning needs.
* Deal with all issues in a professional manner keeping confidences where appropriate and always being mindful of data protection implications.
* To work with the CPO on tactical tasks and strategic projects to ensure that actions support the People strategy; the role holder will communicate regularly with the CPO to facilitate a two-way understanding of L&D business-wide activities.
* Introduce new ideas and initiatives that will help the department with continuous improvement, whilst ensuring that there is not change for change sake. 4. Positively challenge colleagues and be challenged by others.
* Working with the CPO, maintain an effective learning and development strategy, in consideration to both the Company and People strategy.
* Develop and maintain a strong and influential partnership with Managers to provide a consistently high quality of advice, guidance and support in all aspects of L&D, leading initiatives and building high capabilities throughout the organisation to support the Company’s strategy.
* Design and/or deliver ‘soft-skills’ training for employees at all levels of the organisation with particular emphasis on supervisory and management development.
* Ensure that all learning and development solutions, both internal and external, are appropriately sourced, planned, designed, delivered and evaluated so as to be commercially effective.
* To assist in, and undertake, ad hoc projects as requested by the CPO.
* Work with the CPO, others, or by yourself, on tasks and projects to ensure that actions and results support the People strategy.
* Work closely with colleagues in the HR team, such as general HR and Recruitment, to demonstrate a united and proactive approach to supporting the business.
* Drive engagement between the HR team and those carrying out HR/Admin functions at Sites, supporting Site colleagues by ensuring that they have the right skills and tools to carry out their HR/L&D duties, to the correct standards.
* Professionally represent the HR department across the business, embedding the Company culture and values of the organisation, proactively contributing to employee engagement initiatives.
* Work to agreed budgets, complying with Company financial procedures and policies; support budget and forecasting processes.
* Keep up to date with L&D practices, working with the CPO to ensure that the department is proactive in advising and guiding managers throughout the business around all areas of L&D.
Activities / Tasks
* Actively build and maintain working relationships throughout the business, to enhance communication and an understanding of current and future L&D needs.
* Provide generalist L&D advice and support to colleagues at all levels of the organisation, enhancing engagement and driving actions. c. Work with Directors and Managers so that all parties fully understand learning needs and suitable solutions. Facilitate such solutions in line with budgetary restrictions and strategic requirements.
* Lead the learning and development requirements for apprentices, managing levy payments, mentoring and administration.
* Endorse a blended-learning style throughout, taking into account learning styles and the Company’s approach to the environment.
* Analyse and measure L&D practises, recommending and implementing best practise that is pragmatic and commercial.
* Working with HR colleague/s, drive, design and deliver initiatives.
* Establish an effective partnership with training suppliers to ensure the needs of the business are met commercially.
* Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all administration relating to L&D, including maintaining up-to-date training records on the computerised HR system.
* Provide management information as required and report on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis measuring and analysing L&D metrics and advising on pragmatic actions to improve areas of concern, at root cause.
* Work so that KPI’s agreed with the business are achieved and working style professionally represents the department.