Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: England
Job Title: National HR Consultant
Job Salary: £40000 - £42000 Per Annum
My client an Education Management Consultancy are on the hunt for a HR Consultant who wants to join an organisation offering an award-winning range of education support services. Helping Schools and Academy Trusts go from strength-to-strength. There school effectiveness systems and services are proven to help with a wide range of requirements. That’s why over 12,000 schools trust them with supporting everything from whole school effectiveness to pupil tracking as well as Services including HR, Payroll, Finance and so much more.
If you have a passion for HR, are self-motivated, great communicating at all levels, are organised, proactive and are already well experienced in HR, now is the time to jump on board and be part of a National HR team. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a strong HR Consultant to join the team, working collaboratively with all our Schools and MAT’s, across the UK, as well as networking with the wider HR Education team.
Experience of working with schools and MAT’s is desirable, however in this role, you will develop further skills in the role with a well-defined understanding of education specific HR knowledge. As a HR Consultant, you will be required to be responsible for dealing with a variety of HR Issues, including managing complex cases. You will be able to provide a comprehensive, strategic, and operational HR advice. With the ability to manage your own time effectively with conflicting demands in a fast passed environment.
You need a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle as customer site visits are part of this role.
Key responsibilities include:
* Supporting with a portfolio of primary and secondary schools and academies, offering advice and support to school leaders in line with best practice and assessed risks
* Develop and manage a caseload, supporting and working in partnership with senior leaders in disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence, appeal hearings and capability cases.
* Support other colleagues and ensure consistent, quality services to customers, particularly in relation to case work
* Network with colleagues to ensure best practice, offer second opinions advice and a collaborative support network.
* Make decisions, and advise customers, on appropriate HR interventions ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and appropriate management of risk as well as, supporting with redundancies and restructuring, including attending consultation meetings, and managing processes
* Plan and co-ordinate HR activity across Multi Academy Trusts
* Supporting the conversion of schools into Academy status and other TUPE situations.
* To lead and manage high profile Safeguarding cases, in line with statutory and local procedures, liaising with Police, LADO and other agencies as required.
* To take a lead in managing negotiations with Trade Union
* Design and deliver training across a wide audience
* Promoting the organisation services to new and existing customers, identifying, and securing new business as required to meet service targets and objectives.
* Opportunity to purchase Additional leave
* 25 days holiday
* Company events
* Company pension
* Cycle to work scheme
* Referral programme
* Company Sick pay scheme
* Wellness programmes
* Work remotely from home
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: previous positions may include HR Consultant or HR Manager level
Licence/Certification: Qualified CIPD level 5 or above