Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Robert Lynch
Job Location: Hampshire
Job Title: Regional HR Advisor
Job Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio HR & Reward are working with an award-winning and established manufacturing company looking for a Regional Human Resources Advisor to develop effective working relationships with managers and provide advice and guidance on HR aspects such as employee relations, organisational design, development, workforce planning, etc.
This is a hybrid/remote role based in Eastleigh.
* Interact and work collaboratively with Managers from all levels including the Executive Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Team providing comprehensive & timely advice and guidance on all ER issues and influencing them to build their knowledge and capability to make conscious, business-risk-assessed decisions. Provide coaching and guidance on performance management, disciplinaries, absence and grievances.
* Provide expert advice in all areas of HR policy, best practice, procedures and benefits to managers and employees in a timely & professional manner
* Provide expert employment law advice – statute & case law – taking into account company precedents ensuring the business executes it’s legal duties diligently.
* Project manage organisation changes resulting from strategic initiatives including but not limited to reorganisations and restructures; redundancies; TUPE
* Investigate and resolve complex queries requiring business knowledge and face to face handling
* Manage, lead and/or contribute to HR projects of varying sizes and complexities
* Critically assess the level of capability of managers and work with them to upskill on all management issues including career discussions, performance management, absence management, and employee relations issue
* Support Managers to develop their teams, raising the bar of capability across all areas.
* Work with the L&D to develop internal training material to support Line Managers with Employee Relations issues.
* Update/create HR policies & processes to reflect legislative changes and ensure compliance.
* Identify current and future critical roles and deliver succession planning for client groups.
* Work collaboratively with the Recruitment and Management teams to critically assess levels of resource for client groups. Monitor key recruitment metrics, such as turnover and retention rates to determine recruitment strategies. Provide advice and support on all recruitment issues.
* Work with the Hiring Managers to review and update current job descriptions, identify competencies required for roles and ensure JDs comply with Company standard.
* Work collaboratively with the HR Coordinator to ensure they can provide basic up to date employment law information to the business and efficiently action tasks within Advice & Guidance ensuring SLAs are adhered to.
* Work collaboratively with Payroll and the HR Co Ordinator ensuring that all employee adjustments / changes in circumstances and data from the business is shared with them. Bridge any gaps that could result to overpayments, underpayments, along with identifying situations that could lead to Employee Relation risks.
* Analyse data and produce KPI’s and reports as required. Use this information to support business cases, propose improvements and identify areas for investigation.
* Working collaboratively with the Company’s Employment Solicitors support on Employment Tribunal Claims and putting together bundles as and when needed.
* Demonstrate effective use of HR information systems to access, input and compile accurate data.
* Monitor, review and update all HR policies and ensure they are in line with current legislation.
* Experience working in a similar advisory HR role providing advice and guidance to managers
* Excellent knowledge of UK employment law
* CIPD qualified.
* Strong communication skills
* Demonstrable experience using IT software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HR databases and email