Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: London
Job Title: Resource Manager
Job Salary: £37000 - £42000 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Resource Manager within FSO Advisory team.
The role will require the individual to understand and monitor business performance and the issues and challenges facing the practice. Primary focus will be fulfilling engagement resource requests for our largest accounts. This includes working closely with senior stakeholders to meet financial and non-financial objectives. In particular, to optimise the utilisation of resources, improve performance and ensure Operational Excellence is maintained at all times. This is in conjunction with ensuring our people are provided with the best experiences to drive their careers.
An overview of the tasks is included below
* Responsible for supporting and delivering end to end resourcing solutions to the client facing business.
* Supporting headcount management and capacity planning, optimising the utilisation and chargeability of our client facing workforce, providing information to leadership on utilisation levels, key areas of availability, business performance and forecasting to support business decisions.
* Ensure Retain (Resource Management Tool) is accurate. Regularly liaising with Competency Leads to challenge forward view and decide upon effective resourcing and deployment of staff.
* Monitor and escalate availability of resources and work proactively with colleagues from across FSO Advisory, wider FSO in the UK and EMEIA to ensure utilisation is maximised.
* Analyse pipeline and proactively engage with pursuit team to understand proposed resource model, ensuring resource requirements are known and can be met.
* Liaise with the business, counsellors and HR to keep abreast of the development needs of all individuals in the group to ensure planning is aligned.
* Work with client facing staff to understand their skills and experiences for appropriate alignment of projects.
* Forecast financial performance and utilisation levels on a weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual basis using Retain (Resource Management Tool) and Financial Reporting tools.
* Required to prepare, analyse and present Management Information to senior stakeholders on budget vs. actual, headcount, resourcing and wider operational excellence metrics such as utilisation, Retain accuracy, timesheets
* Hold regular update meetings with key stakeholders, including Business Unit Lead and client facing staff to review management information and recommend action required as a result. Understand and communicate key business developments which may affect upcoming performance.
* Producing and maintaining various ad hoc and regular management information reports. Interpreting and acting on results.
* Undertaking ad hoc project work at the request of the Partners and/or Function Lead.
* Key contact for all client handlers, dealing with a variety of operational and support queries. Maintaining a thorough understanding of all business processes to be able to resolve or delegate queries
* Support the roll out of new initiatives, systems and processes.
* Proven resource management, business and operations experience
* Understanding of a professional services environment and/or Financial Services sector ideal
* A high level of written and oral communications skills, ability to extrapolate the “message” from the numbers, client focused and computer literate.
* Proven experience in managing multiple tasks, with effective prioritisation skills
* A strong team player who is self motivated, self reliant and results orientated.