Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: NHS Organisation
Contact Name: Charlotte Dunkerton
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Workforce Information and System Lead
Job Salary: £37570 - £43772 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
* To be the expert lead and systems administrator for the HR systems, with accountability and responsibility for associated systems which include E-expenses, E-rostering, learning management module, attendance management module, Bi-Query reporting and others as required.
* Along with the Head of HR, responsible for the production of workforce information to managers (including Board Level reporting) enabling the organisation to have information on key compliance areas to aid effective workforce management
* Along with the Head of HR and HR Business Partners, liaise with Associate Directors / Directors, Clinical Managers and the Finance department to ensure consistencies of workforce establishment in the ESR against budgeted establishment.
* To oversee and lead on developments to the Budget, Establishment and Recruitment Management process to maintain an effective process for linking the Clinical Managers requirements through to the HR service ensuring the budgeted establishment remains accurately recorded.
* To provide specialist training and guidance to staff relating to HR systems, including development of user documentation.
* Line manage other members of the Workforce Information and systems team, providing day to day co-ordination of activities and training when required.
* Work with Finance, HR Generalist team and the Recruitment team to ensure that the workforce establishment in-post and vacancy date is accurate. Establish and maintain a system of detailed establishment reports to budget holders, finance and HR.
Principal duties to include:
* Act as Systems Administrator for the HR systems, Bi-Query reporting module, and Electronic Expenses system along with ESR and e-rostering. Be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the ESR database and the integrity of the data held, including managing the allocation and administration of end user profiles, amending and managing access rights as appropriate to ensure security and integrity of data is maintained
* Ensuring the structure of the ESR database reflects the organisational structures and establishment set. Managing complex database restructure where required to fit organisation change to structures while maintaining accurate reporting and data workflow processes.
* To take a lead role in the implementation of any new ESR system developments and ongoing maintenance of additional modules including planning, testing, implementing and training stages for across the whole organisation.
* Responsible as the primary point of contact for all system super users/users across the organisation ensuring they kept updated with system developments and trained accordingly.
* Manage the process of running and issuing a suite of workforce reports (divisional, executive and board level reports) including organisational establishment and vacancy rate. Doing so with an exceptionally high level of attention to detail and data interrogation skills.
* Produce ad-hoc updates and reports to tight local deadlines, re-organising own workload in order to achieve these deadlines.
* Create and manage a report library within the information environment
* To lead on the development of workforce policies, working practices and procedures in relation to the integrity of data and continuity of system performance.
* To plan and conduct regular audits using industry standard methodology relating to data quality and system performance to ensure a consistent and accurate reporting provision is maintained.
* Ensure system housekeeping routines and procedures for all supported systems are up to date, accurate and carried out as scheduled, whilst ensuring any discrepancies are actioned appropriately
* Liaise with system providers raising and following up on service requests to resolve issues that may arise with regards to any of the HR systems.
* To extract, interpret and analyse highly complex data and to report in such a format that it is easily understood by non-technical managers.
* Frequent requirement for prolonged concentration when analysing data and compiling reports.
* To analyse, investigate and resolve complex queries relating to the functionality of HR systems.
* To ensure that information for HEKSS returns is extracted and analysed and reported in a timely manner.
* To ensure HR colleagues who input/extract data into and from ESR and other related systems are kept up to date with any system changes.
* To provide training to Managers and colleagues on the use of ESR and related modules such as self service and e-pay.
* Primary point of contact who is required to support all users of the HR systems by providing expert system knowledge and guidance to solve queries and end-user system issues.
Communications & Working Relationships
* Communicates highly complex workforce information to Directors, senior managers including giving presentations to senior colleagues to help them understand their data
* Build effective relationships with HR, IT, Payroll, Finance, Managers at all levels across the organisation and external suppliers.
* Support any relevant organisational change activities
* Contact with managers (including board level) in relation to workforce information.
* Regular need to interpret, analyse and communicate highly complex and technical information.
* Contact with system support services (both national and local) to negotiate and request changes and enhancements to system. These changes may be both complex and technical in nature.
* Contact with staff at all levels in relation to relaying information which they may find difficult to understand.