If you’re on the lookout for a new HR role, there are plenty of businesses out there hoping to take on assistants who will help their day-to-day activities run smoothly.
Whether you come with some experience in this area or simply think you have the skills required for this kind of environment, Portfolio CBR can help you get a foot in the door.
Our dedicated recruitment consultants can support you throughout the process, giving you the best possible chance of success in your hunt for the next step in your career.
We take the time to get to know you and discover exactly what it is you’re looking for. You will already have prepared a CV that will get you noticed, so we can use this to bring you to the attention of companies looking to add your skills to their team.
What do you need to succeed?
HR professionals are central to the successful running of a business. Your work will cover many different aspects of the business and you will see the value of what you do every day.
HR assistants are likely to be expected to:
- Help with payroll tasks to ensure all staff are paid correctly and on time, and that all bonuses are correctly applied.
- Support new arrivals with initial admin tasks such as contracts and bank details.
- Assist in dealing with any matters arising that need Human Resources support.
- Carry out day-to-day admin tasks required to keep the business running smoothly.
- Keep employee records up to date.
- Help organise meetings and training days.
- Help to resolve any grievances raised by employees.
You can see that these tasks require someone who is both methodical and analytical, as well as proficient in IT systems such as Microsoft Office.
Excellent interpersonal skills are also a necessity for a role such as this. Not only will you be working as part of a team every day, you will also need to be able to handle any issues or grievances patiently and sensitively.
Talk to our team
If you’d like help finding the HR assistant role you crave, call Portfolio CBR today on 020 7650 3190, or browse our job opportunities.