Here, Portfolio CBR explains why the position of global benefits manager is key within the human resources department of any multinational corporation, and what to look for during the recruitment process.
Global benefits managers are vital to looking after the best interests of employees through successful policies including rewards, insurance, pension and medical schemes.
In many cases they will report to the global head of compensation and benefits, and will lead, implement, administrate and communicate competitive benefits programs that support the overall business strategy.
It is their responsibility to negotiate with providers of these services to arrange and implement the most suitable strategy for the business as it moves forward.
Due to the magnitude of the role and the amount of responsibility involved in a position such as this, the right candidate will have in-house HR experience, a strong understanding of the technical aspects of benefits and demonstrable experience of using flexible benefits systems.
You should only consider candidates with the following skills and abilities:
- Extensive HR experience with a focus on benefits strategy, communication, and administration processes
- Knowledge of health and welfare benefits and any associated protocols
- The ability to analyse a situation before making strong, informed decisions
- Excellent personal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and contacts at all levels
- Capacity to communicate persuasively on complex topics to a range of people.
- The ability to think strategically in order to turn ideas into companywide procedures that support the business as a whole.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and associated computer programmes
Hiring a global benefits manager
If you are looking to hire a global benefits manager with the skills outlined above, contact the Portfolio CBR team on 020 7650 3190.