A Head of HR is responsible for leading the department as they embody the business’s culture and encourage change into the organisation. Having a head of human resources gives you a positive representative for the company’s values that radiates inspiration and encourages a healthy workplace, to do this effectively your candidates must all have strong leaderships skills along with being personable and friendly. It is their job to transform the culture within the workplace to be compliant with current regulations, professional standards, policies and procedures and legislation.
It is a Head of HR’s duty to ensure all managers that they line manage are sufficiently skilled and trained along with providing them the information and guidance to effectively manage workforce issues. By ensuring your candidates can develop and maintain relationships within your workforce, you should analyse their ability to develop and nurture relationships. This specific skill can provide ease that they will enforce positive change within your business rather than shake things up upon arrival.
Some more skills to look out for within your candidates:
- Ability to create people focused strategy
- Innovative thinking
- Incredibly positive and approachable
- Experience of using data for driving performance and changes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a management role
- Experience managing a team of people
Benefits of hiring a Head of HR:
- Advise and implement effective policies and procedures including employee recognition schemes
- Manage the execution of the HR departments strategies and overall functions, including the recruitment process, administrative duties, payroll, reward & recognition, and budgeting
- Encourages the business to reaching their goals and help project company values throughout the office
- Ensure HR initiatives are being implemented efficiently and effectively
Want your position to be paired with a high calibre of talented individuals that is meticulously matched to your company’s bottom line and goals? Look no further than Portfolio HR & Reward! We can help businesses of all sizes find their ideal candidate to fit in with their role requirements and company values. If you are looking to expand your team, contact us today and we will happily discuss your recruitment demands.
At the start of a new year many companies will be considering what they want to achieve in 2014...read more
The key role of an international mobility specialist is to ease the transition for an employee ...read more
The UK’s recommended living wage has been raised by 20p and is now set at £7.85. Th...read more
Half of UK businesses have said they are looking at employing extra staff during 2015 in line w...read more