Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Leisure/Distribution
Contact Name: Alex Giblin
Job Location: Essex
Job Title: HR Advisor
Job Salary: £16 - £18 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
Portfolio is working with a well-known Public Sector client who are currently on the lookout for a temporary HR Advisor. This is a full time temporary position located in Thurrock and the client is willing to pay £18 per day (PAYE)
To support the successful delivery of the project to review policies and benefits.
To consider improvements and embed required changes to working practices.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
* Participate in One to One Performance Reviews/Appraisals and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs
* Ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the companies Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
* Provide managers with proactive and robust support and guidance on the effective management of sickness absences in line with companies policy, encouraging the pro-active management of sickness absences
* Review job descriptions and work towards delivery of generic job descriptions and job families
* Assist in the research, consultation and implementation of policies and procedures
* Work on a review of contract terms and a review of contractual and non-contractual incentives
* Apply effective project management skills to develop and deliver the targets set as part of companies wide priority projects with minimal supervision
* Work with colleagues across the Directorate to ensure consistency of advice and approach across the company.
* Monitor and report upon the progress of projects to the relevant Board and sponsor, feeding into monthly, quarterly and annual reports as appropriate
* Support in negotiation meetings with Trade Unions and professional association representatives
* Provide general project management support and any other duties requested by your manager.
Skills and Abilities – Essential
* Ability to effectively plan work; monitor and track progress and evaluate performance
* Able to effectively manage a range of conflicting priorities and deliver outcomes in line with the project
* Ability to prepare clear and concise documents
* Local/central government experience.
* Experience of working across organisation boundaries in a project environment
Special Knowledge – Desirable
* A relevant degree or professional qualification, ideally Prince2 and/or CIPD
* Understanding of current HR and employment law issues
* Experience of negotiating/consulting with Trade Union representatives, leading to satisfactory outcomes
* Able to collate, interpret and analyse complex data and present it clearly to audiences