Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlotte Dunkerton
Job Location: London
Job Title: HR Officer
Job Salary: £40000 - £40000 Per Annum
The HR Team is responsible for the development of HR strategy in line with the firm’s vision and values, and affecting this through the design and implementation of HR policies, practices and initiatives across all areas of people management including professional development, recruitment and selection, diversity, employee relations, pay and benefits, and organisational change and development.
Client Group Managers and Supervisors
* Build and maintain effective and credible working relationships to support all stakeholders within the designated client groups.
Induction of new joiners
* Conduct regular HR inductions for new joiners to the firm.
* Proactively follow-up with new joiners to help ensure an effective initial integration into their team and the firm.
* Spearhead any early difficulties or concerns in relation to the new joiner, liaising with the relevant Line Manager or Head of HR Operations as required.
* With the support of the Head of HR Operations (where required) take ownership of all ER cases that can arise through an employee life cycle (probation, performance, disciplinary, grievance, absence management), dealing with challenging and / or difficult conversations and helping to resolve complex cases positively, confidentially and effectively.
* Produce letters and memos to employees as required in relation to changes to terms and conditions of employment such as long and short-term family leave, secondments, sabbaticals and any other items which require written confirmation of changes.
* Prepare correspondence relating to employee relations meetings (including grievance, performance, disciplinary and capability hearings, flexible working request meetings, long and short-term family leave and returning to work from leave and exit interviews).
Family leave process and guidance
* Co-ordinate family leave process for relevant Fee-earning, Business Services and Secretarial client groups including initial meetings, advising on family leave policies and relevant forms and liaising with the Recruitment Officer and the relevant line manager regarding cover
Employee absence management and wellbeing
* Monitor monthly the client group absence levels, analyse trends, highlight issues and concerns against the firm’s sickness absence policy, and make recommendations to HR Management team.
* Provide guidance to managers and partners in respect of any return to work meetings they are preparing for, as required.
* Manage/administer referral process to Occupational Health Advisers, including completion of referral forms and arranging of appointments and follow ups as required.
* Manage/administer claim process for Group Income Protection, including completion and submission of claim forms.
* Manage, and where necessary, support managers and partners with long term absence.
* Prepare leaver letters and complete relevant leaver administration.
* Manage online exit interview process, arrange and conduct face to face exit interviews with leavers in relevant client groups and produce written summary of the meeting.
* Support the timely production of quarterly exit interview analysis to HR Management team by providing prompt and efficient production of summaries and ensuring any addition information is passed to the HR Systems and MI Analyst.
* Work with the HR Management Team on actions from exit interviews for client group.
Benefits, Salary and Bonus review
* Complete monthly payroll variation instructions within the timeframes required
* Assist Reward & Benefits Manager and HR Systems and MI Analyst with the annual benefits, salary and bonus review processes.
Diversity and Inclusion Support
* Assist the Diversity & Inclusion Manger, including coordination of quarterly meetings of the D&I forum, drafting and circulation of meeting actions to members of the forum and providing support with any ad hoc projects and occasional meetings with the internal diversity networks
* Support the Diversity & Inclusion Manager with D&I project work including awareness days and months including D&I month and mental health awareness week.
* Where appropriate and from time to time attend D&I or Wellbeing seminars and events to keep up to date and inform the lunch and learn programme.
Policies, Projects and Other Duties
* Maintain up to date process notes for all aspects of the HR Officer role
* Support the HR Management Team with project work, where required.
* Support the annual HR budgeting exercise, as required by the HR Director.
Skills and Experience
* An experienced HR Officer/Advisor
* Previous experience in a legal or professional services
* Strong MS Office skills in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
* Clear speaking, listening and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and stay organised
* High attention to detail
* Strong customer service and team work ethic
Education and Qualifications
* Qualified to GCSE standard, Grade B (or equivalent) at Mathematics and English essential
* Ideally part/fully CIPD qualified.