Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: London
Job Title: Learning & Development Advisor
Job Salary: £38000 - £38000 Per Annum
About the role
Learning and development at is delivered using a blended learning approach, to meet the demands of employees and teams across the Practice, in London and our global offices. We offer a variety of ways to learn including workshops, courses, online content, e-learning, video and one-to-one coaching and mentoring.
We also develop and deliver talent programmes and processes across the Practice, from education and qualifications, to performance management, skills assessment and succession planning.
Reporting to the Head of Learning & Development, the post holder will also work with the wider Learning team, including:
* L&D Advisor
* Education Advisor
* Design Systems Training Managers
As the L&D team sits within the HR team, there will also be regular interaction with HR colleagues.
The focus of the role will be:
* To support the Learning and Development team and strategy across the Global organisation.
* Contribute to a world class Learning and Development function which builds capability in line with the Practice strategy.
* To support and assist employees and teams in the Practice to get more from the current and future learning, training and development on offer.
* Working within the L&D Team to establish training needs and priorities.
* Analyse, design, deliver and evaluate various programmes of learning and training covering soft and hard skills, technology/software and business process
* Deliver a variety of internal workshops, courses and programmes through presentations, facilitating learning in small groups, coaching or online.
* Prepare training materials including documentation, presentations, e-learning and video content (with the support of in-house video editing staff)
* Maintain and develop relationships with internal clients
* Assisting the Head of L&D with the continuous roll-out of employee development programmes
* Assist in the setting up and validation of internal programmes
* Feedback on and input into course material and design
* Assist with the administration and management of the Learning Management System
* To work with colleagues to develop and implement effective induction programmes and materials
* On occasion you may need to:
* Arrange, create, produce and distribute training-related material and facilities as required
* Organise, administrate and set up training programmes and events as required
* Undertake any other duties as required
Qualities and Skills required
* Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
* Formally qualified with a relevant professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent)
* Experience in creating bespoke training courses
* Experience in creating and publishing training materials
* Excellent presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
* Exceptionally organised and meticulous
* Sound knowledge of practical learning and development principles and an awareness of current best practice and its implementation
* Has knowledge and experience in e-learning content authoring
* Has knowledge and experience with a Learning Management and/or Learning Experience platforms (LMS or LXP)